Dr. Prabaht Soni, MD – Medical Director (USA)
ABIM, FCCP, FCCM, DABSM, DABOM, DAAAM, AAOPM, ABAARM (Stem Cell) Eight American Board Certifications
- Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine (with advanced Fellowship in Stem Cell Therapy)
- Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Obesity Medicine (with Fellowship in Bariatric Medicine)
- Pain Management
- Aesthetic Medicine
- Internal Medicine
Medical Director – Global Stem Cell Institute of Stem Cell Therapy and Research (GIOSTAR)
President and CEO, Obesity & Sleep Center, Brooklyn, New York.
Assistant Clinical Professor, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, New York.
Chief of Pulmonary Medicine; Co-Chair of Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and President of Medical Staff, NYCH.
Dr. Prabhat Soni, MD, New York’s most accomplished Stem Cell specialist, is a unique physician who holds as many as eight American Board Certifications distinct medical specialties. With this level of Board Certifications, Dr. Soni provides a comprehensive level of care to his patients from a multi-dimensional perspective including cutting edge Stem Cell therapy.
He began his medical career in Bikaner, India, where he graduated from Sardar Patel Medical College. In the USA, Dr. Soni pursued extensive medical training, completing his residency at Kingsbrook Medical Center and hospital fellowships at Cabrini Medical Center and Maimonides Hospital (NYC). He has published a number of medical articles in well-recognized journals.
His interest in leading edge medical advances, including Stem Cell therapy, led him to his Board Certification in Regenerative Medicine, and advanced Fellowship in Stem Cell Medicine. These certifications make him one among a handful American physicians holding a diploma in Stem Cell Medicine. Dr. Soni serves as Medical Director of GIOSTAR with a focus on development of advanced Stem Cell therapeutics.
As a Board-certified clinician, he applies Stem Cell procedures using FDA-compliant, IRB-approved IND research protocols. He conducted Stem Cell therapy alongside some of the world’s leading Stem Cell experts. He has developed, in the course of his distinguished career, innovative and efficacious clinical stem cell therapeutic procedures.
Additionally, as a specialist in Obesity Medicine, Dr. Soni recognizes the seriousness of the growing worldwide obesity epidemic – which he has publicly labeled the coming “MEDICAL TSUNAMI.” Related to obesity is his intensive work in Sleep Medicine, addressing the challenge of Sleep Apnea as a silent killer and an especially dangerous underlying condition for people who drive vehicles often at night. For his work in Sleep Medicine, Dr. Soni was awarded the distinction of being named America’s Top Sleep Medicine Physician by the leading publication in the field for three years in a row.
Dr. Soni has appeared on numerous TV networks, including CNN, CBS, and Public Broadcasting (New York’s Channel 13) to discuss sleep apnea, obesity, and, innovations in PRP-stem cell therapy for damaged lungs respectively.
Dr. Soni has received many public recognition’s including the following:
- In his public service capacity, Dr. Soni was appointed to serve on a Presidential Health Reform team during the Administration of President George W. Bush and was invited to serve as Honorary Chairman on the Physician’s Advisory Board at a specialv Presidential dinner in Washington, D.C.
- He received the prestigious Mahatma Gandhi Samman Award by Global Achievers Conclave at the House of Lords, London, October 2012.
- He was honored in 2012 by the Government of India as “Non-resident Indian of the Year” at New Delhi presentation; and again in 2015 in Washington, D.C. at the White House.
- He received the National Leadership Award in 2006 honoring him for his many achievements and pioneering activities.
- He served as President of the Medical Staff for 2 years in a row at a Jewish hospital whose affiliation was with Cornell University, NY.
- He was named America’s Top Physician by the Consumer Research Council of America for 2007, 2008 and 2009 respectively.
- He was recognized as America’s Top Sleep Doctor by Sleep Review magazine for 2011, 2012 and 2013.