What is Lymphoma?
Lymphoma can be categorized as cancer of lymphatic system and is broadly divided into two main categories, Hodgkin disease and non Hodgkin lymphomas.
The possibility of occurrence of lymphoma can be for any age but it is mostly observed to be prevalent in young age.
How prevalent is Lymphoma?
Of the total lymphoma cases, almost 8 million people are living with the disease only in US. Each year, almost 80000 new cases are being diagnosed in the US. Out of total cases diagnosed, 90% of the cases are Non Hodgkin and almost 10% of the cases are Hodgkin diseases.
Factors responsible for Lymphoma
As with the most cancer, studies have been undergoing to know the possible cause of the disease. Various data support the finalization of some of the risk factors such as:
- Age: – Most of the lymphomas are observed in elderly people above 60 years of age.
- It has been observed that Africans, Asians are less prone to the disease than the white Americans. Additionally the disease is also found to be more prevalent in developed parts of the world.
- Exposure to certain chemicals and radiations can severely damage our lymphatic system causing it to grow cancerous.
- Immune suppression caused by various surgeries, minor operation or organ transplantations can result into the initiation of lymphoma.
- Autoimmune diseases can be one of the many reasons, which trigger expression of lymphoma.
- Certain viral as well as bacterial infections have been known to increase the risk for the same.
- People from higher socioeconomic groups, exposure to tobacco and certain known carcinogens are at higher risk of its occurrence.
There are no specific signs and symptoms, which are specific for lymphoma. In fact, the symptoms are very general similar to those of simple illnesses such as common cold, infection, etc. Some of them can be listed as follows:
- Swollen lymph nodes that can be undetectable
- Cramping and bloated feeling all the time
- Night sweats with occasional fever
- Weight loss
- Sudden loss of appetite
- Unusual itching
- Pain or altered sensation
- Persistent coughing
- Enlarged tonsils
Often commonly, during the early signs of the disease painful symptoms cannot be noticed, as they always indicate the adverse stage of the disease.
What goes wrong in the Lymphoma?
Lymphoma can be referred to as cancer of lymphatic system of the body, more precisely white blood cells. Since, human lymphatic system is attached with each and every organ of the body; it is easy for the abnormal cancerous cells to pass through the blood to the different organs and thus spreading the disease. The process is known as cancer metastasis, which is referred as an advanced stage of the cancer.
How Stem Cells treatment can help!
Stem cells are the mother cells that are responsible for developing an entire human body from a tiny two celled embryo; due to their unlimited divisions and strong power to differentiate into all the cells of different lineage. This power of stem cells has been harnessed by the technology to isolate them outside the human body, concentrate in the clean environment and implant back.
Thus, stem cells treatment involves administration of concentrated cells in the targeted area to form colonies; a peculiar characteristic of stem cells, adapt the properties of resident stem cells and initiate some of the lost functions that have been compromised by the disease or injury.
Various studies have suggested that stem cells obtained from matched allogenic donor can be very effective for the condition, reversing it to be normal. The child has to undergo complete destruction of his/her own bone marrow and undergo infusion of bone marrow stem cells from allogenically matched donor.
The haematopoietic stem cells and some percentage of mesenchymal stem cells are found to be very effective in complete replacement of total bone marrow with the healthy cells, due to their regeneration power. It has as well been suggested that the population of mesenchymal stem cells will home in different damaged areas to give rise to different organ specific cells, which have been damaged to restore back their function. However, the earlier the treatment starts; the more effective the treatment can be.
The bone marrow transplants for the treatment like leukaemia has been long tried and tested, curing the disease with the best possible way. The relapse rates with the transplants are also found to be very low.
Treatment of lymphoma at GIOSTAR
We have mastered the technology for isolating maximum number of viable stem cells allogeneically with the matched donor to treat various patients with lymphoma. We are the licensed, private organization with the excellent, well equipped state of the art facility to isolate, process and enrich the viable number of stem cells, which can be re infused back into the patient’s body. Generally, these cells are administered through any one of the below mentioned methods depending upon our expert’s advice:
- Intravenous Administration:- Through this mode, cells are infused through the veins to expand blood volumes in the central nervous system, to ensure that the maximum number of cells are reaching to the targeted area.
Thus, once infused back in the body, these cells are known to revamp the cellular system in bone marrow as well as in damaged organs. Thus, the recovery period after the transplant, is found to be between 1 to 2 months; depending upon the patient’s health, age and will power. Chronic form of lymphoma cannot be possibly cured completely, but it is definitely possible to control the spread of the disease.
WHAT SETS US APART
- US Head quartered.
- Founder is leading stem cell scientist credited with setting up the stem cell research labs at top research institutions in US including Salk Research Institute, Sanford-Burnham Institute, UCI, UCSD.
- Medical Advisory Board comprising of luminaries from Harvard, * University of California, San Diego (UCSD), University of California Irvine (UCI), Imperial Collage, London.
- Endorsed by Honourable Prime Minister of India.
- State of the art and only private hospital in India inaugurated by Prime Minister.
- World’s largest stem cell hospital funded by government.
Disclaimer : Results may vary for each patient. GIOSTAR practice the application of stem cell therapy within the legal regulations of each country.