Cancer And Its Symptoms
Cancer is class of disease characterized by uncontrolled division of cells leading to formation of tumor mass. The tumors may be benign or malignant. Benign tumors do not spread to other parts of body but malignant do. Malignant cells detach from primary tumor and move throughout body using blood or lymphatic stream. At certain point they enter new site of body, expanding and leading to metastasis. There are number of symptoms associated with cancer including abnormal bleeding, unexplained weight loss, lump formation, coughing etc. However, the symptoms depend on location of cancer. Some of the cancer and associated symptoms are given below:
- Prostate or bladder cancer: Frequent or infrequent urination.
- Breast cancer: Appearance of lump, pain.
- Colon cancer: Frequent diarrhea or constipation.
- Hepatic or liver cancer: Weight loss, appetite loss, upper abdominal pain,
- Brain cancer: Seizures, headache, vertigo, numbness.
- Lung cancer: Coughing and shortness of breath, wheezing, hoarse voice, chest pain.
- Oral Cancer: White patches inside mouth.
- Skin Cancer: Change in skin wart or mole.
Some of the common tests performed by doctors to diagnose cancer are
- CT scan
- PET scan
- Ultrasound scan
- Biopsy analysis
How Immunotherapy can help
Our immune system protects us from foreign invading particles like bacteria and virus but cancer cells escape the immuno-surveillance due to self and non-foreign origin. Under progressive tumor conditions, immune system is suppressed and immune cells like dendritic cells fail to mature and generate anti-tumor activity. Immunotherapy is a treatment system where the immune system is activated to recognize and kill tumors inside body. Immunotherapy aims to target tumor cells without damaging the healthy ones and have very low or no toxicity. Dendritic cells are one of the important components of our immune system and play vital role in antigen presentation to body immune cells. Recent advances in immunotherapeutic area have led to the emergence of Dendritic cell based immunotherapeutics. It is a personalized cancer treatment comprising of patient’s own cells exposed to cancer antigens. These cells, when infuse back to patient, generate anti-tumor response. This technology can be applied to multiple cancers.
Cancer Treatment at GIOSTAR
GIOSTAR has platform technology of developing autologus peripheral mononuclear cells (PBMC’s) into dendritic cells using patient’s blood and tumor cells. At GIOSTAR we offer Dendritic cell (DC) immunotherapy for solid tumors primarily prostate, breast, hepato-cellular carcinoma (HCC), renal, colon, colo-rectal, Glio-blastoma- multiforme (GBM), oral, lung and ovarian cancer. The precursor cells are collected from patients, culture in highly sterile biosafety lab and infuse back through I.V. administration. The process is completely autologus. Once inside body, mature dendritic cells develop antitumor activity through effector T cells. T cells multiply in number, interact and directly kill tumor cells.
Thus with our standardized, broad based and holistic approach, it is now possible to obtain noticeable improvements in cancer patients, in the symptoms as well as their functional abilities.
What Sets Us Apart
- Head Quartered in USA.
- Founder is leading stem cell scientist credited with setting up the stem cell research labs at top research institutions in US including Salk Research Institute, Sanford-Burnham Institute, UCI, UCSD.
- Medical Advisory Board comprising of luminaries from Harvard, * University of California, San Diego (UCSD), University of California Irvine (UCI), Imperial Collage, London.
- Endorsed by Honourable Prime Minister of India.
- State of the art and only private hospital in India inaugurated by Prime Minister.
- World’s largest stem cell hospital funded by government.