Stem Cell Treatment of Retinal Transplant
The retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) is a layer of pigmented cells sandwiched between the visual retinal cells, called photoreceptors, and the nourishing blood vessels at the back of the eye. The RPE provides essential support to the retinal photoreceptors and is critical for normal vision. Deterioration of the RPE plays a central role in the progression of diseases such as age-related macular degeneration and sub-types of retinitis pigmentosa. These conditions are associated with a progressive loss of vision that often leads to blindness.
GIOSTAR has the ability derive RPE-like cells from ES cell, which is identified by their characteristic black pigment, exhibited multiple biological properties and genetic markers that define authentic RPE cells. Further, the cells successfully delayed deterioration of retinal structure and function when they were transplanted into eye. GIOSTAR is developing the technology to treat the blindness related with retinal degeneration.
What Sets Us Apart
- Headquartered in USA.
- The founder is leading stem cell scientist credited with helping in setting up the stem cell research labs at top research institutions in the US including Salk Research Institute, Sanford-Burnham Institute, UCI, UCSD.
- Medical Advisory Board comprising of luminaries who have worked at University of California, San Diego (UCSD), University of California Irvine (UCI), Imperial College, London.
- Endorsed by Honourable Prime Minister of India.
- State of the art and an only private hospital in India inaugurated by Prime Minister.
- World’s Largest Stem Cell Hospital funded by the government of India.
Disclaimer : Results may vary for each patient. GIOSTAR practice the application of stem cell therapy within the legal regulations of each country.